Profhilo® is a revolutionary biomodelling treatment to correct skin laxity, restore firmness in the skin creating tightness and lift. It is not a dermal filler or mesotherapy nor a skin booster and is the first injectable hyaluronic acid specific for skin remodeling. There is no other product like it on the market and has won awards for its contribution to anti-ageing medicine.
It works by stimulating four different types of collagen & elastin nourishing the skin cells and acts directly on skin laxity rejuvenating, hydrating and promoting radiant skin. It is ideal for dull, tired skin that has lost its firmness & elasticity thus improving the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles.
Overall Profhilo® can help to:
- Increase skin firmness & elasticity
- Tighten & lift skin
- Improve skin tone & texture
- Rehydrate skin
- Restore radiance
What areas can be treated?
Am I suitable for treatment?
- It is not recommended if you have a skin infection at the site of proposed treatment
- If you have had a previous allergic reaction to Profhilo®
- If you are taking medicines which affect bleeding such as warfarin, heparin & aspirin
- If you take steroids or have an auto-immune disorder
- If you have a bleeding disorder or poorly controlled medical condition
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you have completed a course of roacutane (treatment for acne) within the last 18 months
How does the treatment work
Profhilo® is formulated without the use of cross-linked chemical agents, unlike most dermal fillers. Profhilo® consists low & high molecular weight of hyaluronic acid(HA). The low portion HA helps to hydrate the skin and stimulates new collagen & elastin. Whereas the high molecular weight HA provides support & dermal scaffold action.
Once injected using the BAP technique it diffuses to the surrounding areas to where it is needed
At consultation we will discuss
- Any relevant medical history
- Discuss your expectations, assess your suitability for treatment and possible treatment options for you to consider
- Explain the treatment plan and any risks and complications
- Post treatment advice
- Before, sometimes during and after treatment photographs
Prior to the treatment Natalie will fully cleanse your face with clinsept and mark injection Bio-Aesthetic Points (BAP)sites. 2ml Profhilo® is then injected into the lower skin at these BAP sites, as illustrated below.
There is minimal discomfort during this treatment as Profhilo® is injected very slowly into the skin. It is reported to be more comfortable than a dermal filler treatment.
Two, initial treatments are recommended to prolong the effect, four weeks apart. This treatment cycle can be completed twice a year or 1 top-up dose every 3-4 months.
- Use a cold pack to reduce swelling & redness
- Do not massage or manipulate the treated area
- Avoid extremes of temperature for a minimum of 7 days (sauna, steam rooms, sunbeds)
- Avoid applying make up for 12hours
- Avoid vigorous exercise and alcohol for 24 hours
- Avoid swimming for 24 hours
- Stay hydrated
- If bruising develops arnica cream may be used
How long does it last?
Profhilo® lasts on average 6 months
How safe is Profhilo®?
As a highly pure grade hyaluronic acid without chemical agents it has an excellent safety record, minimal side effects & downtime
There maybe some tenderness, redness, swelling and bruising around the injection site. This is normal and will subside.