Fuller lips are often associated with youth and beauty. Fillers injected into the lips can accentuate the vermillion border, plump up thin or ageing lips, balance asymmetrical areas and if injected into the philtrim can lift the cupids bow. Also they are very moisturizing and can help to hydrate dry lips.
Am I suitable for treatment?
- It is not recommended if you have a skin infection at the site of proposed treatment, including cold sores
- If you have had a previous allergic reaction to dermal fillers or local anaesthetic
- If you are taking medicines which affect bleeding such as warfarin, heparin & aspirin
- If you take steroids or have an auto-immune disorder
- If you have a bleeding disorder or poorly controlled medical condition
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you have completed a course of roaccutane (treatment for acne) within the last 18 months
Is it safe & does it hurt?
- Lip fillers are medical devices made up of hyaluronic acid (HA) which is naturally occurring in the skin.
- At ND Enhance Aesthetics LTD we use very safe, proven fillers, such as Juvederm, Belotero & Teosyal
- To ensure longevity and safety.
- To make the procedure as comfortable as possible, topical numbing cream is applied and only filler with lignocaine is used.
At consultation we will discuss
- Any relevant medical history
- Discuss your expectations, assess your suitability for treatment and decide which filler would best suit you.
- Explain the treatment plan and any risks and complications
- Post treatment advice
- Before, sometimes during and after treatment photographs
- The lips will be thoroughly cleansed with Clinisept and topical numbing cream applied for approximately 30 minutes prior to the treatment.
- Once the lips are numb multiple injections are used to evenly distribute the filler around the vermillion border (lip edge) and to the body of the upper & lower lips, using a very small needle.
- Following the procedure the lips are massaged
- Application of ice may help with bruising & swelling
- Avoid applying lipstick for 24hours
- Avoid vigorous exercise and alcohol for 48 hours
- If bruising develops arnica cream may be used
How long do lip fillers last?
Lip fillers on average can last between 3-9months
Are there any side effects?
Common side effects include
- Bruising & itching to injection site. These usually subside with 24-72hours
- Hypersensitive reactions are rare but may include swelling, redness and tenderness with an average duration of 2 weeks. Treatment with antihistamines maybe required in this instance.
- Infection as with as with any injection. We always clean your skin thoroughly with Clinisept to minimize this risk.