Desoface & Desbody ae the newest generation of products used for treatment called injection lipolysis or intralipotherapy(meaning fat dissolving).The Deso products contain the active ingredient called sodium deoxycholate which, once injected, breaks down stubborn pockets of fat. These fat dissolving injections are used for fat reduction, body contouring and inch loss.
Am I suitable for treatment?
- Is not recommended if you have a skin infection at the site of proposed treatment
- If you are taking blood thinning medication such as warfarin, heparin & aspirin
- If you take steroids or have an auto-immune disorder
- If you have a bleeding disorder or poorly controlled medical condition
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you have a moderate or severe kidney or liver impairment
- If you have excessive skin laxity
- If you have any lipid disorders
What areas can be treated?
The most commonly treated areas include:
- Double Chin
- Back Fat
Other areas include man boobs, arms, knees & face. Often more than one treatment is required to get the desired result.
How does the treatment work?
Intralipotherapy involves the injection of the Deso product into localised fat deposits using either a needle or cannula. The Solution causes the destruction of the fat cells which then undergo degradation and are removed by the lymphatic system. Deso works gradually within the tissue and the process of removal takes time and results can take several weeks to fully appear.
At consultation we will discuss
- Any relevant medical history
- Discuss your expectations and assess your suitability for treatment
- Explain the treatment plan and any risks and complications
- Post treatment advice
- Before, sometimes during and after treatment photographs
The area will be fully cleaned usually clinisept and the area to be treated will be marked. Local anaesthetic will be given to numb the area and then a cannula will be used to administer. A 4-6 week follow up is required for review and further treatment if required
Complications are rare and may only be temporary
- Prolonged pain
- Allergic reactions
- Damage to muscle, nerve or blood supply
- Avoid extremes of heat
- Avoid applying cosmetics to the affect area for 24 hours
- Avoid vigorius or physically demanding exercise for 4 weeks
- Apply SPF 50 even in winter over treated area
- Avoid sun exposure & tanning
To maximise results:
- Perform gentle massage to encourage fat drainage
- Undertake moderate exercise and a healthy diet
- Wear compression garments such as spanks
- If treating a double chin, a chin strap is included